- Forehead lines
- Crows feet
- Frown lines
- Eyebrow droop
Anti-wrinkle injections are a quick and effective way to help treat wrinkles in certain areas of the face. Anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers may be a complement to eyelid surgery. Patients not ready for surgery can use these treatments as an initial procedure to attain eyelid and facial
How does it work around the eyes?
- The medicine (due to Australian regulations, we are not allowed to name the drugs used) is injected in small doses using a very fine needle into specific muscles of the face around the eyes to improve wrinkles. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine that stimulates musclecontraction. By interfering with the selected muscles' ability to contract, existing wrinkles are smoothed out.
- The medication takes 48 to 72 hours to take effect and can be expected to last about 3 to 4 months, though individual results may vary.
- These therapies are not long-term and they have to be repeated.
- There is very little down time and you can return to normal activities immediately.
Are muscle relaxants safe?
- Those who are pregnant, breast feeding or planning to fall pregnant within the next three months are not suitable for this treatment due to the unknown side effects and lack of studies to support safety in this area.
- Bruising can occur at the injection site. Allergies to muscle relaxants are very rare. A temporary drooping of the upper eyelid can occur but will resolve spontaneously. Infection is very rare and some asymmetry is possible. Sometimes anti-wrinkle injections can be used in combination with other skin rejuvenating therapies such as injection of dermal fillers. Your surgeon will assess your specific requirements at the first consultation to determine whether one or a mix of treatments is needed to accomplish a natural result.
Do you have any more questions? Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you have about anti- wrinkle injections. Our team will be happy to address any concerns that you may have.